Monday, July 6, 2015

Never a Dull Moment...

Most moms take a certain level of pandemonium for granted, but three small children not even in grade school within twenty-three months of each other do make for a special kind of constant circus.

For example, so far this morning I've dealt with:

  • Poop matted in the dog's paw (which got tracked all over my bed before I figured out where it was coming from. Yuck. I finally had to cut the mat out of her hair with scissors.)
  • Poop stuck to my five-year-old daughter's bare foot. Double yuck.
  • A nosebleed (complete with toddler and a half plus bedroom covered in blood.)

Along with the more routine four or five potty breaks (the boys are potty training) and random requests at the worst time to fetch barrettes from a high shelf or to come look at something.

Nobody seems motivated today by my threat that they cannot come downstairs to play until they clean up their room.

Meanwhile, I have the usual kitchen full of dirty dishes, baskets of clean laundry to put away (though much fewer than usual, I was actually minimally productive this weekend), general clutter, and I'm ridiculously tired because I stayed up way too late last night trying to fix my Pebble smartwatch.

This is how it gets to be 11:30-- almost lunchtime-- and I still haven't had any coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment